Print this page | Go back to previous topic
Forum nameBiz Ideas
Topic subjectRE: I'd like some honest feedback on my site and ideas...
Topic URLhttps://www.businessownersideacafe.com/forums/dcboard.php?az=show_topic&forum=103&topic_id=4373&mesg_id=4396
4396, RE: I'd like some honest feedback on my site and ideas...
Posted by ksmusselman, Tue Jun-15-10 04:37 AM
Thanks so much Tina!!

I also had some feedback about removing some the "crowdedness" of the pages; i.e., I'm selling bookmarks, not information, so the excessive descriptiveness of the pages could be moved into separate articles and put under the Articles category instead of using up real estate on the pages themselves.

As far as SEO, I have a tool that I'm using to "spy" on my competitors; see where they're getting their back links from so I can model after them; "chase them down" so to speak. LOL I have 294 or so inbound links to the site so far and probably half of those are coming from my other fairytale wedding site pages, so I really need to concentrate on my link building.

Sales - designs are subjective. You can please some of the people some of the time, but not all of the people all of the time. So I think what I have to do is concentrate on getting as many of my pages as possible in the top 10 of Google and drive traffic. If I can get thousands of visitors a month, I'll be ecstatic to have 50 sales a month!

And I really, REALLY like your idea of a design-your-own model! That is SO VERY COOL!! People can upload their own photos, select their fonts, etc. I will absolutely have to look into that option!! I think that will be something that no one else has, well, except for maybe iPrint, so I'll have to check out their system. :-)

Thanks again so very much! This is really a cool place!

Karen S Musselman
www.Low-Budget-Fairy-Tale-Weddings.com
www.Wedding-Favor-Bookmarks.com
(Powered by SiteBuildIt!)