Print this page | Go back to previous topic
Forum nameBiz Ideas
Topic subjectRE: I'd like some honest feedback on my site and ideas...
Topic URLhttps://www.businessownersideacafe.com/forums/dcboard.php?az=show_topic&forum=103&topic_id=4373&mesg_id=4386
4386, RE: I'd like some honest feedback on my site and ideas...
Posted by ksmusselman, Thu Jun-10-10 08:41 AM
Hi Tina!

Thanks so much for your input!! I've actually been thinking the same thing of my site, that it doesn't quite have the feel of a professional site. I do, however own the domain "wedding-favor-bookmarks.com" so that's not a problem.

I guess I got conflicting input as far as the Google ads, but in reading your suggestions and how you felt about the site, I may have to reconsider those for the bookmarks site and leave those just to the information site since that's the main monetization for that site.

I've been extremely particular with link exchanges, yes, and am only linking to high quality sites that are in the wedding industry: DJs, reception venues, event planners, etc. with a PR of at least 3 and an Alexa rank that's at least close to my own sites. That's for both of my wedding site.

So, what I want to do then for the bookmarks site is rid the site of the Google ads and SiteBuildIt ads (leave them on the wedding information site only) and replace them maybe with new announcements or something, if I understand correctly; look for a new layout and give visitors a solid sense that this is an eCommerce site.

Okay - I like your ideas!! I'll get to work on that quickly because I just did an email blast to some wedding planners today. LOL

Thanks!

Karen S Musselman
www.Low-Budget-Fairy-Tale-Weddings.com
www.Wedding-Favor-Bookmarks.com
(Powered by SiteBuildIt!)