Print this page | Go back to previous topic
Forum nameBiz Ideas
Topic subjectRE: need help on start up plan please!?
Topic URLhttps://www.businessownersideacafe.com/forums/dcboard.php?az=show_topic&forum=103&topic_id=4129&mesg_id=4152
4152, RE: need help on start up plan please!?
Posted by Paul, Sat Jan-23-10 04:52 PM
>>christaine,
>>
>>I know alot about fast food restaurants. I've started
>small
>>chains and work to help others expand.
>>
>>My first comment is...It'S HARD!
>>
>>It's very competitive, almost impossible to finance in
>this
>>economy, very tough margins, long hours etc etc.
>>
>>But if that doesn't scare you whatever questions you have
>I'll
>>be happy to answer.
>>
>>
>>Paul
>
>
>
>Hi paul, and thank you for answering my question. I am aware
>of the tight market and impossible financing now days, but I
>am very eager to start my busines, besides jobs are too hard
>to come by now days also. I want to know everything I could
>possibly find out to be successful. I am still working on my
>business plan and I need to know what and how are my best
>possibilities to find financing. And how to seal the deal. I
>want my business plan to be thorough and solid going into
>this.. If i get that far. But I am a go for the gusto type
>person and don't want to fail. What takes a successful fast
>food restaurant?

Christaine,

I'll give you my email below if you like to show me what you have so far on your bus plan. I can probably be helpful.

Obviously there are a few questions I have before I can answer yours. What type of fast food? Is it truly "fast" food like a mCdonalds or is it fast casual like a Johnny Rockets. Is it burgers and fries or a more themematic menu. How familiar are you with the opertions of a restaurant. Do you know the industry standard margins etc. Cost of food, payroll percentage ,rent percentage, day part sales percentage etc.?

Are you familiar with the equipment and furniture needed? Do you have a design and theme in mind? Have you a location in mind? What size restaurant?

I can help guide you through a business plan. I might be able to provide some examples. Since the plan is needed to raise funding it will definitly need to be professional and thorough.

Sorry for all the questions. I can best help if I know where you are in the process. If you can outline your ideas or you bus plan and whatever other info you have gathered so far, on here or by email, I'll be happy to help.

On financing I've dealt with both investors and lenders. In fact I just met with bankers regarding SBA lending for restaurants. It's very tight for new restaurants right now but a little easier for established franchise chain restaurants. You may want to consider a franchise in your area as an entry into the restaurant business( or maybe you are already thinking about that). Also, right now there are some great bargains on franchise resales. You sound very driven and energetic so you might be the kind of person that can 'turn around" a poorly run operation.

So, feel free to discuss further on here or by email.

Thanks,
Paul email paul10507@yahoo.com