Print this page | Go back to previous topic
Forum nameBiz Ideas
Topic subjectRE: Healthcare Business idea
Topic URLhttps://www.businessownersideacafe.com/forums/dcboard.php?az=show_topic&forum=103&topic_id=4108&mesg_id=4161
4161, RE: Healthcare Business idea
Posted by Patsy, Sun Jan-31-10 04:29 AM
Your RN status and background in accounting is a wonderful combination for this type of venture. In 2000, my siblings and I, began a home health care company in northern Florida. The need was (and still is) huge. By 2004 we were in 13 counties and employed around 140 CNA and HHA staffers. Last year we sold this venture. I live in NC and have been tossing around the idea of another venture along the same lines but not as in-depth as the original company ended. Am thinking of specializing more on the lines of dementia or early alzheimer's activity care.

To begin with, you need to develop a good business plan and put your ideas on paper along with detailing financial incoming and outgoing to ensure success. Do you plan to enter the "Nurse Registry" arena? Do you plan to be medicaid and/or medicare certified (medicaid made up for a huge percentage of our revenue). Have you determined your cost per hour or event?

There are so many things to think about in developing a business plan but once you do this -- it will be you bible. Also, in the event you need to raise money, this is a requirement.

I'd be happy to email network with you in your project if you'd like. We could possibly help each other in ideas.

Patsy

patsy.dominick@gmail.com