Print this page | Go back to previous topic
Forum nameBiz Ideas
Topic subjectHealthcare Business idea
Topic URLhttps://www.businessownersideacafe.com/forums/dcboard.php?az=show_topic&forum=103&topic_id=4108
4108, Healthcare Business idea
Posted by rieder1973, Sun Mar-17-13 10:52 PM
Hi,
It's been a while since I am looking for a good business idea to implement but i don't know where to begin. However, I am willing to attempt the healthcare industry.
I was taking a shot at the Home Health Agency but I learned that those types of agency are mostly owned by physicians who directed discharge patients to them.
Any business ideas suggestion?
I am a RN and also have background in Accounting.
Thanks.
4111, RE: Healthcare Business idea
Posted by jimkclifton, Tue Jan-05-10 12:26 PM
How about trying to find a few local doctors who will refer patients to you? After gaining some experience in the home health arena, you could branch out and make the business your own?

Make sure to have your own website as well. A great resource and easy side business can be found at www.myhomeoffice.ws.

Good luck and have fun!

Jim
jim@myhomeoffice.ws
4115, RE: Healthcare Business idea
Posted by hostingdiva, Wed Jan-06-10 05:53 AM
If you're still looking for ideas, you may want to talk to the people you work with. You need to look for a "need" that is not currently being met. I'm sure there are many things in the healthcare industry. You just have to pay attention :) (easier said than done - I know :))

Good luck!

~~~~~~~~
4155, RE: Healthcare Business idea
Posted by ritalynn2593, Tue Jan-26-10 09:35 AM
If you are interested in the healthcare industry still then why not use your background as a nurse to provide information regarding the lastest breakthroughs in medical care and the posibilities open to them for various illnesses so when clients are working with their doctor for treatment they can make informed decisions. There is so much information on healthcare for particular illnesses even doctors can't keep up so many people might welcome help in this area. I would recommend the book Finding your perfect work by Paul and Sarah Edwards. It is excellent and will help you come up with some great ideas of your own.
4161, RE: Healthcare Business idea
Posted by Patsy, Sun Jan-31-10 04:29 AM
Your RN status and background in accounting is a wonderful combination for this type of venture. In 2000, my siblings and I, began a home health care company in northern Florida. The need was (and still is) huge. By 2004 we were in 13 counties and employed around 140 CNA and HHA staffers. Last year we sold this venture. I live in NC and have been tossing around the idea of another venture along the same lines but not as in-depth as the original company ended. Am thinking of specializing more on the lines of dementia or early alzheimer's activity care.

To begin with, you need to develop a good business plan and put your ideas on paper along with detailing financial incoming and outgoing to ensure success. Do you plan to enter the "Nurse Registry" arena? Do you plan to be medicaid and/or medicare certified (medicaid made up for a huge percentage of our revenue). Have you determined your cost per hour or event?

There are so many things to think about in developing a business plan but once you do this -- it will be you bible. Also, in the event you need to raise money, this is a requirement.

I'd be happy to email network with you in your project if you'd like. We could possibly help each other in ideas.

Patsy

patsy.dominick@gmail.com

4167, RE: Healthcare Business idea
Posted by PastorColars, Fri Feb-05-10 11:36 PM
Its information you have provided here. Health care business is really very good.
4263, RE: Healthcare Business idea
Posted by johngarrington, Sat Apr-03-10 02:13 PM
Home health agencies were voted as one of the best businesses to start in 2009. There is a high demand for this business due to the baby boomers. Families are choosing to keep their loved ones in the comfort of their homes as long as possible with a higher quality of life. Traditionally the only options were nursing homes and assisted living facilites which was costly. We all know that SOME nursing homes and Assisted living facilities do not provide the best of care which contributes significantly to the declining health of the elderly. i recently started a home care agency about six months ago by geting an excellent start up guide from www.medicalstaffingmanuals.com. My business is doing good and an happy i chose to start this business. It is also emotionally gratifying
4569, RE: Healthcare Business idea
Posted by nicolehampson, Thu Dec-16-10 11:05 PM
You should try the business that you want because doing the things that you want wont get you bored easily and there's there is no assurance that you would be successful at first try.
4617, RE: Healthcare Business idea
Posted by fjames1619, Sat Mar-19-11 07:55 AM
You're a nurse with a background in accounting so I would say the perfect business match for you would be medical billing.

Felicia
http://medicalbillingbooks.tripod.com/medicalbillingresources.html
4909, RE: Healthcare Business idea
Posted by lorikbibbs, Sat Oct-27-12 08:37 AM
I agree with Felicia! The link she provided used to go to a website that has a wide selection of the most up to date medical billing business books. For whatever reason the page has been removed by the webmaster and the entire site was redone in 2012. Now it is called The Home Based Medical Billing Business Bookstore for those that are looking for advice on doing medical billing from home as a business venture. If you use the link above just remove everything after tripod.com/

Lori
http://medicalbillingbooks.tripod.com/index.html
4965, Deleted message
Posted by Mac_hall, Mon Mar-04-13 07:04 PM
No message
4971, RE: Healthcare Business idea
Posted by ambarind, Sat Mar-30-13 09:19 PM
Hello,

I have a great idea towards integrated healthcare delivery framework. I have developed a software platform to manage various delivery components. The platform is at 90% ready stage. A very good idea that can be en cashed in Indian market scenario. I am looking for a partner who can fund this project and I can offer 15% stake & profit sharing on this project. I need half million USD (0.5 million) to cover the initial costs and complete the pending work. if you are interested kindly feel free to revert. Upon your interests we can discuss the detailed plan.

regards,
A.Bhattacharya