Print this page | Go back to previous topic
Forum nameBiz Ideas
Topic subjectConsultant to Property Owners & Renters
Topic URLhttps://www.businessownersideacafe.com/forums/dcboard.php?az=show_topic&forum=103&topic_id=4096&mesg_id=4096
4096, Consultant to Property Owners & Renters
Posted by caravalhophoto, Tue Dec-22-09 09:46 AM
I am putting together a plan on converting a rental property to a pet-friendly community and approaching Property Owners with a solution to their fears in regards to renting to pet familys, a solution to pet owners who don't want to surrender their pets/furry family to shelters,building a local pet community with resources and helping our local shelters/rescues from the strain of animals being surrendered, doing this as a Consultant.

I would like to know is as an Owner of a property: what would you excpect from a tenant who has pets? Would you welcome dogs and cats? Would your mind be swayed by breed and size? If you already own a pet-friendly dwelling...did you need to make changes to accomodate?Please include any pertinant questions that I have not thought of?

As a pet owner and renter, what were the biggest obstacles you dealt with when looking for housing? Did you need to put down a heafty deposit? What size is your dog or cat? Do you use outside services such as pet sitters, walkers, groomers, dog parks, etc...? If it is a requirement that your dog go to obedience school before moving in (if you don't have proof of attendence already) would you attend? Please include any pertinant questions that I have not thought of.

Okay...well would love some feedback...many thanks