Print this page | Go back to previous topic
Forum nameBiz Ideas
Topic subjectHow do I approach someone about being their partner?
Topic URLhttps://www.businessownersideacafe.com/forums/dcboard.php?az=show_topic&forum=103&topic_id=4080&mesg_id=4080
4080, How do I approach someone about being their partner?
Posted by alanandsharalee, Mon Dec-07-09 01:42 PM
I met someone with a fabulous product, and told her that it was something I believed could go very big. My experience is in marketing and sales, and I have been very successful in those areas. She basically let me know that she was limited as to how much she could make...which of course limits the ability to grow. BUT I have the know-how and the connections to do what she can't do. I bought several of her product, and wear them. Everytime I wear them,people want to buy them. I've taken a few orders for her to make and ship to me. But NOW a very large retail chain has approached me about putting them in all of their stores. Now I'm stuck!

The dilemma is, how do I fairly approach her about becoming a partner and allowing me to grow this amazing product/business into something huge? I have the contacts to have the product made in greater quantities than she ever could. She's a stay at home mom and I don't feel she has the DRIVE that I have for her product. I know I could copy cat it, but that's not really the right thing to do. (although I don't REALLY know if she had the original idea either)

Any suggestions ???? I'm all ears!