Print this page | Go back to previous topic
Forum nameBiz Ideas
Topic subjectInput Needed and Appreciated
Topic URLhttps://www.businessownersideacafe.com/forums/dcboard.php?az=show_topic&forum=103&topic_id=4038&mesg_id=4038
4038, Input Needed and Appreciated
Posted by cbr1000, Sat Oct-31-09 08:23 PM
Im wanting to start a business with Sportbikes. Mainly building and selling custom motorcycle swingarms. There are already companies out here doing this that are established and i guess im worried about being sucessful. On a whim, i went out and bought all the tools i will need to start this business (welder, plasma cutter, compressor, chop saw, and a couple more misc tools). I drew out my idea on paper to scale and im in the process of building one right now. I would only be offering product for one bike, as for, that is all i own right now. With the sale of swingarms for this bike i can buy other bikes and make swingarms for them, and continue that until i offer product for all sportbikes. This all might seem sketchy as i find myself in doubt a lot as well. Like i said there are already establishes companies doing what i intend to do the only difference is my idea for the swingarm and possibly price, as i would offer my product for less. I dont know what to do or if i should aproach this differently, and if this will even work. Anybodies input will be greatly appreciated. If you have any questions ask...im sure i have an answer.
Thanks,
Matthew