Print this page | Go back to previous topic
Forum nameBiz Ideas
Topic subjectCatering idea, need help
Topic URLhttps://www.businessownersideacafe.com/forums/dcboard.php?az=show_topic&forum=103&topic_id=3948&mesg_id=3948
3948, Catering idea, need help
Posted by Icelady, Wed Sep-23-09 04:00 AM
I am starting an event decor rental and ice sculpture business. I have a BS degree in Hospitality Management and have owned my own restaurant, which I went broke financially and physically in. I am now trying to start over and build this business up on a shoestring. I am a cook and very passionate about it and I also love decorating tablescapes for events. I would love to get into catering but with having to have a commercial kitchen and all the expenses that goes with it is just not in my budget right now.

My question is an idea I found on someone's web site for event services. They list catering and when I clicked to see what they offered, it said that their menu was provided by a famous local restaurant. They have the menu to pick dishes and the price person person just like any other caterer would have. They just aren't cooking it.

I was thinking this may be a way to make some extra money with my event service doing catering but without having to have the commercial kitchen. What do you think? I am trying to figure out how this could be a win win situation for both me and the restaurant. Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated.

Icelady