Print this page | Go back to previous topic
Forum nameBiz Ideas
Topic subjectBusiness idea fears
Topic URLhttps://www.businessownersideacafe.com/forums/dcboard.php?az=show_topic&forum=103&topic_id=3942&mesg_id=3942
3942, Business idea fears
Posted by kilday, Sat Sep-19-09 10:22 AM
I'm almost 6 months pregnant and mentally already on Maternity leave. I'm very good at my job and up for promotion just before I go on Maternity leave, but just because I'm good at my job, doesn't mean I enjoy being there.

I've always dreamt of having my own business and am desperate for it more so now because I'd love to run it from home and have time for my child.
I have a vague, very vague idea of what I would like to do, and even have a great name for the business in mind.

How do I go about developing the idea? My dear is that if I share it with other people to get ideas and opinions, I'm afraid someone will steal the idea and do it better or sonner than I can.

I've already found similar products on the market for one part of my business idea which made my heart sink a little.

Like so many others on here I've thought of a few ideas over the years but haven't acted on any because someone has always done it before me, and I lose hope/interest thinking that mine would never be able to compete. I'd love to stay on track, but I really don't know where to start.

How can I bounce my idea off people and develope it without the fear of losing the idea to someone else?