Print this page | Go back to previous topic
Forum nameBiz Ideas
Topic subjectRE: Putting Excitement Back Into 16 Year Old Business
Topic URLhttps://www.businessownersideacafe.com/forums/dcboard.php?az=show_topic&forum=103&topic_id=3899&mesg_id=4270
4270, RE: Putting Excitement Back Into 16 Year Old Business
Posted by Out On A Whim, Sat Apr-10-10 07:11 AM
I just did a year of vintage and it was not successful in bringing in customers other than ones needing era costumes. I have done full party supplies and ended up clearing out all the extra plates and napkins at 90% off after people would get one or 2 items from the a line it would sit there for years. Pinatas took up way too much space and only sold good when I marked them down to where I was losing. Yet people call me for this stuff and I think maybe I should bring it back but then remember having thousands of sqft taken up with paper products that I had to clear out at 90% off and lost. People are very specific with what they need in party supplies and expect you to have everything as it comes out. So I have just decided now to do it online straight from the manufacturer. I have also tried Nascar, Toys and collectibles over the years. The key is finding an item people can't easily obtain from a big chain store. Anymore there just isn't much they can't.