Print this page | Go back to previous topic
Forum nameBiz Ideas
Topic subjectPutting Excitement Back Into 16 Year Old Business
Topic URLhttps://www.businessownersideacafe.com/forums/dcboard.php?az=show_topic&forum=103&topic_id=3899&mesg_id=3899
3899, Putting Excitement Back Into 16 Year Old Business
Posted by Out On A Whim, Wed Aug-26-09 05:48 AM
I have a retail store that is different from any other store in my area it looks like an old castle and is set up like a mini mall. I try and have items you can't find just anywhere all year. We are known for costumes mainly. I have a vintage area, costume area, Theme Partyware area, adult area, metaphysical area and T-shirts and lots of fun toys and other misc items. I also have a haunted room that is just for attraction purposes with a 7 foot roaring dragon and a 3' chucky like doll on blocks that jumps up and screams among many other scary props.
My store is exciting to visitors still. But I live in a town of less than 100,000 people and last year the town was flooded with new chain retailers. My side of town has died literally and the traffic flow has pretty much died down of people coming in the store.The economy isn't helping either.
I need too add some excitement back and have tried so many little things. Now my excitement for it it dwindling also and that can hurt a business big time...but if the cash flow isn't coming in like it use to it is hard to spend money on new ideas.
Does anyone have any suggestions at all on making the excitement return without spending a lot of money in the process?