Print this page | Go back to previous topic
Forum nameBiz Ideas
Topic subjectRE: Need help with my business ideas
Topic URLhttps://www.businessownersideacafe.com/forums/dcboard.php?az=show_topic&forum=103&topic_id=3889&mesg_id=3901
3901, RE: Need help with my business ideas
Posted by jbear0000, Wed Aug-26-09 12:53 PM
Thank you for your input Jeff. I'd love to work with AutoCAD from home for the company I work for, but we are down to 32 hour work weeks as it is and right now the industry in which I work is in a slump and not looking very good in the near future.

Working part time from home for other companies would be difficult. Usually the work I do is overseen by an engineer or surveyor. Any company that would allow people to work from home would want people that are more skilled than I am (Storm water design, septic design, etc). I have looked into this already and even contacted some companies, but so far it has not gone well, that is why I am seeking other types of work I can do from home.

I could try to do some design work from home, but I don't have AutoCAD at home, well I do have it, but it does not have a license so it is disabled. I can only use it if I purchase a license from AutoDesk for $5000-$6000 or whatever they are charging these days, or I can temporarily transfer a license from a computer that has a license.

So your idea of using what I know is a good idea, but one that would be very hard to put into practice, but thank you for your taking the time to reply and make your suggestions.