Print this page | Go back to previous topic
Forum nameBiz Ideas
Topic subjectRE: Need help with my business ideas
Topic URLhttps://www.businessownersideacafe.com/forums/dcboard.php?az=show_topic&forum=103&topic_id=3889&mesg_id=3900
3900, RE: Need help with my business ideas
Posted by nightsky, Wed Aug-26-09 09:52 AM
Hi...

You named a list of things that you might do, but ina later post you mentioned that you use Auto CAD daily.

Could you do extra work (from home) for the company that you now work for? Could you talk with other companies (who might be short on employees) and see if you could do a few side jobs for them each week or month?

That is doing something that you are familiar with and it requires no learning curve. Plus, it shouldn't cost anything either since you are already doing it. If the computer that you use is the property of the company that you are currently working for.. then you could do extra work for them on that computer... but might need to buy a laptop and Auto CAD to do work for other companies. Either way, the money that you invest will be fore product that you own.

What about designing some playhouses (for the back yard) or something else that might have hard-to-find instructions for. Design a good, simple set for that item and then sell those on the internet. I did a search, a while back, for something and I found some designs that I could purchase. Just come up with a really nice design and then market it.

Anyway, that is my thought. Stick with something that you know... and don't throw your money at things that you hope will sell.

I sell my business opportunity to people all the time and I always want them to think about it first before paying me. Then, I tell them that their phone won't automatically start ringing just because they bought into a business. You have no idea how many people don't listen. They get excited about the business and then jump in. Then they won't do what is required to make it work. Probably because they are out of their comfort zone.

Good luck. You have a good skill already... just use it to create more income. That's my suggestion.

Jeff S.
Night Sky Murals
Award Winning Murals

www.NightSkyMurals.com (Product)
www.DarkSkyMurals.biz (Business Opportunity)

Featured in/on...

* The Robb Report's "Luxury Homes" magazine -
* Angies List
* in Affluent
* HGTV
* the FINE LIVING network