Print this page | Go back to previous topic
Forum nameBiz Ideas
Topic subjectGetting product in stores
Topic URLhttps://www.businessownersideacafe.com/forums/dcboard.php?az=show_topic&forum=103&topic_id=3805
3805, Getting product in stores
Posted by Andrea16271, Wed Jul-08-09 05:22 AM
I market a figurine which i want to place in specialty shops. I'm running in the problem that people say they would like to order some to sell, but they have no cash flow.

Should i put them in there on consignment? Is this a good idea?

Also, targeting stores online (not local)..i can send them an email with a pic and ask them to buy, but until they have seen the real deal, i may not get as many orders. Should I sell them one sample at my cost to see if they can sell in their store or just send them a sample for free? How would ya'll do this?

Thanks in advance for your responses.

Andrea
3818, RE: Getting product in stores
Posted by hostingdiva, Tue Jul-14-09 02:42 AM
Hi Andrea:

Regarding the online stuff, have you considered just selling as a drop shipper? That is, they order from the store, the store sends you the order, you mail the item in the stores name. This way, you don't have to loose any money, they don't have to pay any money, and you still get your item out there. I think that with that arrangement, you're not going to have ANY problems getting people to sell. Obviously, you'll need to think through a returns policy, payment, etc.

Regarding getting the figuring in physical stores... given the current economy, your best bet is probably going to be selling on consignment. Not ideal because you have to send the item without any payment, but, it's a bad time for stores right now.

Best of luck! ;)

~~~~~~~~~~~