Print this page | Go back to previous topic
Forum nameBiz Ideas
Topic subjectAny feedback will be appreciated! Thanks :)
Topic URLhttps://www.businessownersideacafe.com/forums/dcboard.php?az=show_topic&forum=103&topic_id=3781
3781, Any feedback will be appreciated! Thanks :)
Posted by Mez, Thu Jun-18-09 04:19 AM
OK so I'm really needing some advice.

My main idea is that I'm wanting to create a website to sell home made jewellery - mainly consisting of beads, shells and stones etc but im not too sure if this will be an effective way of selling or if i would make much of a profit.

Another idea I had was to create gift baskets,for people who dont know what to buy for certain people.

An example is for newborns and parents. This would consist of a bottle, 2 bibs, a babygrow, maybe a hat/ boot set, a teddy, a dummy and maybe a photo frame/ trinket box and a card? I would vary the contents and price.

The same kind of idea for birthdays eg: 18th, 21st - Bottle of drink and a glass, a badge, banner, disposable camera and photo frame/ album and a card.

Any feedback would be greatly appreciated.
3785, RE: Any feedback will be appreciated! Thanks :)
Posted by annalaurabrown, Fri Jun-19-09 01:19 PM
These could both be great ideas and very profitable but they could also require quite a bit of inventory up front. Do you have the money and space to store an inventory? Otherwise you could also make samples and take them to business networking groups and businesses and see if you can get orders as well as show them to friends and family and see if you get any interest.