Print this page | Go back to previous topic
Forum nameBiz Ideas
Topic subjectFeedback/Opinions Needed
Topic URLhttps://www.businessownersideacafe.com/forums/dcboard.php?az=show_topic&forum=103&topic_id=3626
3626, Feedback/Opinions Needed
Posted by sunshine2024, Thu May-14-09 02:24 AM
I'm a small business owner and the problem that I'm having is finding new small businesses. There are some business directories out there but I haven't found any that list new businesses.

So I'm thinking about creating a site that would target new businesses in our local area. Therefore, everyone is found in one place. However, I also want to earn some income off of the idea(not trying to get rich)

Just wondering if this seems like a good idea? Your feedback and comments will be greatly appreciated.
3644, RE: Feedback/Opinions Needed
Posted by jimkclifton, Mon May-04-09 07:10 PM
I think it's a great idea. And like you said, if you made a little money off of helping people you would be satisfied.

Make sure to look into getting a .WS domain name for your website. I got one 3 years ago and because of the home business that came with it, I've been making money every month for 2 years now.

Find out more about it at www.myhomeoffice.ws. E-mail me w/ any questions or I'd be happy to talk with you on the phone.

Good luck and have fun!

jim@myhomeoffice.ws
3650, RE: Feedback/Opinions Needed
Posted by Antherry, Mon May-04-09 08:13 PM
You say local- how local do you sell- what benefit is there in finding NEW small businesses. In our state you can buy the names and addresses of all new sales tax permits issued... it comes from the state and costs $150 a year.

Berry
We offer a platform for graphic designers, photographers, and marketers to build their websites on. If you get offers to do websites but don't know how or can't do it all- we are who to turn to. Also- if you need an affordable but non-template site- PM me!
3705, Deleted message
Posted by jimkclifton, Tue May-12-09 07:44 AM
No message
3710, RE: Feedback/Opinions Needed
Posted by Steve Patrick, Fri May-15-09 04:18 AM
I'll echo these comments. In my location (Illinois) businesses need to register their DBA at the county couthhouse and publish it in the local paper for 3 or 4 weeks. You can go to the courthouse and review the new filings as often as you wish (public information). You won't get it any more current than that.

Steve Patrick