Print this page | Go back to previous topic
Forum nameBiz Ideas
Topic subjecttutoring service
Topic URLhttps://www.businessownersideacafe.com/forums/dcboard.php?az=show_topic&forum=103&topic_id=3620
3620, tutoring service
Posted by lalito, Thu May-14-09 02:24 AM
I want to start my tutoring business. I know how to speak Spanish and English fluently. I do not know how to start this business. Any suggestions are welcomed. I also need a name.
Thanks
3640, RE: tutoring service
Posted by jimkclifton, Mon May-04-09 06:58 PM
One thing to keep in mind is a domain name/website. Consider a .WS domain name since there are more available than .com.

Learn more about .WS and how to generate a serious part-time income at www.myhomeoffice.ws.

Please feel free to e-mail me with any questions you may have.

Good luck and have fun...

jim@myhomeoffice.ws
3662, RE: tutoring service
Posted by annalaurabrown, Wed May-06-09 05:56 AM
Have you done any tutoring on this at all? If not, I would start doing some to get some experience and referrals before starting a complete tutoring business. This will give you more credibility.
3664, RE: tutoring service
Posted by lalito, Wed May-06-09 06:46 AM
Yes. I have done tutoring before. I am a native speaker and have an M.ED in Multicultural education. THe only problem is that I did it at home and now I want to have my own location with advertisements and everything else. Any advice?
Thanks.
3704, Deleted message
Posted by jimkclifton, Tue May-12-09 07:42 AM
No message
3713, RE: tutoring service
Posted by Steve Patrick, Fri May-15-09 05:12 AM
Get some real-world outside experience first before you jump into it on your own.

I would first try to get employed by one of the for-profit educational companies (ex,. Sylvan Learning Centers). It's not just tutoring, it's learning about how to run a business; what to charge, how to schedule, where to locate and why, what advertising works best, etc.

If you want to go faster, I think there are franchises that you can look into (Sylvan may be one of them). This may be your best bet as they have most likely answered these questions.

Good Luck

Steve Patrick