Print this page | Go back to previous topic
Forum nameBiz Ideas
Topic subjectCritique
Topic URLhttps://www.businessownersideacafe.com/forums/dcboard.php?az=show_topic&forum=103&topic_id=3473
3473, Critique
Posted by PastorBrady, Mon Mar-09-09 07:31 AM
Greeting,
I would be most appreciative if you would
look at my web site and let me know the good points
as well as what and how to improve the needy parts.
www.fishingatcountrycovevillage.com

Thanks,
Brady
3478, RE: Critique
Posted by jimkclifton, Mon Mar-09-09 12:30 PM
I think it looks great! I'll try to take some time this weekend to look into it a little further.

Good luck!

Jim

p.s. Check out my site when you get time:

www.myhomeoffice.ws
3485, RE: Critique
Posted by annalaurabrown, Tue Mar-10-09 05:00 AM
I think your site looks great. I do have a few recommendations though:
what about adding an opt in box where people can request to receive a free report or some periodic news from you. This will keep people coming back to your site and keep you in their mind when they are ready to visit.

Also the title has a funny Google thing in it. Is there a way you can remove it?

3486, RE: Critique
Posted by PastorBrady, Tue Mar-10-09 07:48 AM
Greetings Annalaura Brown,

Do you have any suggestions on the "Opt In Box"
who to use or where to buy the software?
Thanks
Brady
3492, RE: Critiqueuse
Posted by annalaurabrown, Thu Mar-12-09 02:10 AM
I use Get Response http://www.getresponse.com

It is the least expensive and most reliable of autoresponders I have found and used. Aweber is also popular but it costs a lot more and from my opinion does not offer enough extras to make it worth it.
3488, RE: Critique
Posted by Mymarket-ease, Tue Mar-10-09 04:48 PM
Hello Pastor Brady,
I really like your photo on the home page. It made me feel relaxed by just looking at it! Lovely.

My primary suggestion relates to your site navigation. Your primary navigation buttons are too far "below the fold". I would suggest you reposition them closer to the top of the page so a site visitor won't have to scroll down so far to get to the information.

I hope this helps!
3493, RE: Critique
Posted by salted, Thu Mar-12-09 05:14 AM
I hate to critique too much, but there were a few things I noticed:

-The main picture is a bit overwhelming. You might wanna try shrinking it just a bit
-I also agree that the navigation bar is too low.
-The small scrollable box that says "sportsman'sresource.com" looks a bit strange. I would suggest taking it out of that scrollable box.

Hope some of that helps!

God bless, Mindy
3494, RE: Critique
Posted by PastorBrady, Thu Mar-12-09 07:47 AM
Greetings,

I have made some more suttle changes,
perhaps you would visit again?
Thanks,
Brady
3495, RE: Critique
Posted by salted, Thu Mar-12-09 08:49 AM
The sportsman's image looks much better now. What else did you change? It was hard for me to notice anything else :)
3496, RE: Critique
Posted by PastorBrady, Thu Mar-12-09 09:41 AM
Greetings,

I learned how to do a "mouse over" and so added that to the fish pictures.
Thought it would be good for my guests.

Brady
3519, RE: Critique
Posted by aurora, Wed Mar-18-09 08:42 AM
Brady,

Your graphic is way too big. Make it smaller, perhaps a banner type pic and bring your content up above the fold. You only have a few seconds to capture the attention of your visitors - they should not have to figure out that they need to scroll down to get info. They might think they landed on a photo sharing website.

Bullet point your content or put pix w/ hyperlinks to inner pages. More attractive.

Make sure your title tags include the keywords you are trying to optimize for. You want traffic from the search engines any way you can get it.

Best wishes,
Aurora

www.innoventum.com/bizgrant.html - Discover how to obtain Free Government Grant Money.
3526, RE: Critique
Posted by Pepperfire, Fri Mar-20-09 03:31 AM
I had only two thoughts looking at your landing page (I haven't the time to dig through all the pages, sorry).

1. The buttons underneath the photo of the shop (I hope this is the actual shop) should be consistent. They are not. Whereas they are all the same size, the words within the buttons should all be Title-cased or none of them should be. (I prefer the title-case).

The font that you have chosen for the text on the front page feels "homemade". I don't know if that makes a difference, but in trying to be different, you have given an amateurish cast to the page that is unnecessary.

Hope those thoughts help.

T

Tina Brooks, VP Marketing
Brooks Pepperfire Foods, Inc.
Makers of Peppermaster Hot Sauces
http://www.peppermaster.com

Eat more peppers!
3529, RE: Critique
Posted by PastorBrady, Fri Mar-20-09 04:32 AM
Greetings Tina,

I have taken your advice about the navigation buttons,
thank you for that piece of advice.

But, I am not sure about your suggestion on the text fonts
on the front page would you please advise further?

Thanks,
pastor Brady :+