Print this page | Go back to previous topic
Forum nameBiz Ideas
Topic subjectAny Thoughts?
Topic URLhttps://www.businessownersideacafe.com/forums/dcboard.php?az=show_topic&forum=103&topic_id=3460
3460, Any Thoughts?
Posted by tjkc626, Wed Mar-25-09 03:34 AM
Hey,

I have a business idea that is similar to a news website however, instead of professional journalist writing the articles I want regular people to write articles (possibly upload youtube videos)giving all sorts of different opinions. There will be a small cost which would be mostly to save the site from spammers and people just messing around (i.e. $5 for unlimited articles for a month and $50 for unlimited articles for year).

What do you think any opinions? All voices are welcome. Thank you for your time in advance.

-Tom:-)
3465, RE: Any Thoughts?
Posted by annalaurabrown, Mon Mar-02-09 02:33 PM
I think it could work, however, a few things to consider.

there are already quite a few places online where people can upload articles for free and get a lot of publicity such as ezinearticles.com and other free article directories. Also sites such as digg.com and reditt.com so how are you going to be different from them and compete?

If you can find a way to make it so that it truly offers something different and unique and is useful for people then go ahead, otherwise I would be concerned that it will just turn into a copycat of already existing sites.
3480, Deleted message
Posted by jimkclifton, Mon Mar-09-09 12:38 PM
No message