Print this page | Go back to previous topic
Forum nameBiz Ideas
Topic subjectOne Of A Kind
Topic URLhttps://www.businessownersideacafe.com/forums/dcboard.php?az=show_topic&forum=103&topic_id=3415
3415, One Of A Kind
Posted by pcom1955, Sat Jan-31-09 12:49 PM
I live in a city of over 400,000 people. We have a huge entertainment district including the Rangers, Cowboys, supposedly soon to have the Mavericks and Stars. Also have Six Flags and Hurricane Harbor as well as a huge mall, many clubs, restraunts, etc BUT, we have nothing for folks from the 30's, 40's and 50's era other than bingo. Seniors and middle age make up a large percentage of our population. The type that lived for the big bands, blues, ballroom dancing etc. My idea was to have a non alcoholic club. All of the drinks served from those eras only virgin. Olives, cherries, umbrellas. The whole nine yards. Of course period glasses would be used also. Decorated in the 40's era. Serve club sandwiches, deep fried mushrooms, vegetables, etc. A band area where some could play for practice or for fun at first. Possibly for tips. Sound system also that plays Harry Connick Jr, Bing Crosby, Frank Sinatra, Billy Holiday, etc. It would have a dance floor with the mirror ball. A murel of Lucy on one wall and one of Desi behind the band area. The lighted ficus at the front door and of course, the hidden "poker" room where players play for fun. There would even be a cloak room and the girl with the tray walking around with matches, toothpicks, napkins, coasters, mints and selling cigarettes and cigars. Period dress would be required for employees. The reason I want non alcoholic is so that no beer or liquior liscense would be needed. Hours would be optional. People can come and enjoy without worring about drunks, drinking and driving and prices can be reasonable and elderly folks can attend weather walking or in a wheelchair without worry as well as families and all other age groups. Anyone that appreciated this era. These people are our present and our history and they should have something from their past and youth to enjoy. There is nothing of that sort in Arlington. :7