Print this page | Go back to previous topic
Forum nameBiz Ideas
Topic subjectRE: I need help keeping people on my website
Topic URLhttps://www.businessownersideacafe.com/forums/dcboard.php?az=show_topic&forum=103&topic_id=3354&mesg_id=3364
3364, RE: I need help keeping people on my website
Posted by tmaculate1, Mon Jan-19-09 07:15 PM
Hi Joe,

Just got around to reading your reply. Thanks for the intuitive and detailed response. I greatly appreciate the time you took on my behalf.

You echo some of the same thoughts I've had except I'm confused on some of your thoughts.

1) Not sure I want to change my index page to go directly into my portfolio but I do agree that it's not as flashy as some. The index page is more of an introduction to the services we provide with a few samples of each category. I tend to agree that there should probably be another "road" to get to my portfolio page. Perhaps I can create a quick link at the bottom of the home page saying "See Sample Work!" or something similar.

2) The animated slide viewer will show different images when you either click on the image directly or with the arrows. It goes back to the 1st image once you view the 3rd and last one. That's just the way it was built.

3) Not sure what you mean by unclickable headings. What browser are you using? I know there is a problem with IE6 and below where it can't translate PNG files correctly so it shows a light blue background on my header image (the mascot guy). I'm not much of a webdesigner so I gave up trying to fix it.

4) Re: the Work page, if I were to create it without thumbnails, I would have a cluttered mess. I've researched probably hundreds of other portfolios and this is pretty standard. Not sure how else to meet halfway on that one. ;-)

5) Re: my Contact page...again, not sure what browser you're using but it should have a portion where you can type in your Name, Email, Message, etc. YahooIM is just another means of contact if the end-user happened to be using it as well. I have considered the idea of using one of those "Speak with a Live Rep" type of messengers but I haven't looked into it yet.

I finally had the time to create my Services page today, in which I just uploaded a few hours ago. That should definitely help with the questions I sometimes get on how everything works.

Well, thanks again guys! This forum is always a terrific outlet for me when I need advice on this stuff. Much appreciated.

Travis
www.jabridesign.com