Print this page | Go back to previous topic
Forum nameBiz Ideas
Topic subjectRE: I need help keeping people on my website
Topic URLhttps://www.businessownersideacafe.com/forums/dcboard.php?az=show_topic&forum=103&topic_id=3354&mesg_id=3360
3360, RE: I need help keeping people on my website
Posted by achievedisplay, Sat Jan-17-09 04:59 AM
Hi,
Here are a few of my suggestions. When you come onto your page, there isn't really anywhere to go. It is kind of like a dead end. If I am looking for a graphic designer, the first thing I want to see is a portfolio or examples of their work. The link "work" goes to this but it isn't immediately apparent. You only have a few seconds.

You have some really awesome graphic design skills. Take some time and read Steve Krug's book "Dont make me think"

It was difficult for me to understand how the navigation of the page worked. The arrows that make the animation flow left and right are difficult to understand at first. Then when you keep clicking right, it goes back left.

There are what look like headings on the page, but you can't click on them to navigate.

I like the way the page "work" gives you a sneak peak of the full image, but it seems too cumbersome to me. I want to quickly look through your work to get a feel if we are compatible.

Your contact page only leads to yahoo messenger. Everyone doesn't use Yahoo. Install a basic contact form that will send you an email. If you spend a lot of time on the computer, another consideration is to find an open source version of live messenger. This way you can interface with potential customers as they are on your site.

I wish you the best. Great graphic design btw.