Print this page | Go back to previous topic
Forum nameBiz Ideas
Topic subjectRE: Classic Movies video store?
Topic URLhttps://www.businessownersideacafe.com/forums/dcboard.php?az=show_topic&forum=103&topic_id=3121&mesg_id=3211
3211, RE: Classic Movies video store?
Posted by themtb2007, Sat Nov-15-08 02:16 AM
the sarah palin thing was exactly what i mean. The POLLS say mccain is close..yada yada.... yet CLEARLY there were people in MASS, signing up to vote... minorities included...Long lines, like never before...

Ok so my eyes were supposed to say "they are both mccain and obama supporters?!?!"

That man had NO SHOT... it was clear as rain that he was gonna get slaughtered!

But the "polls" showed it was close?!

Remember... WHO does the polls... republicans. the media is a Rich organization, and its no secret the republicans tend to be a richer group than the democrats.
As often as the media says that the media is bias for obama.. and praising him, I certainly saw mostly things saying "can he be stopped" by the likes of Fox, cnn, and TALK RADIO (every single day).

The "media" calls others but themselves.."the media". And says the "media" is liberal. Yet EVERY SINGLE STATION I hear on the radio is conservative, with ONE OR TWO democrat views.

You see numbers and polls will say what you want them to. Its no secret that "polls" never seem to "poll" hispanics and blacks, or Middle easterners or muslims unless they WANT the views of us. But a "general" poll such as who is voting for whom... We never are asked, so I guess we are not the "general public".

I say all that to say this... find a poll that has been done about internet use, and i will show you how it cannot possibly be true.

ONE thing is the reason why..

the type that even CLICK polls to do them already tells you something about the user and their intended use of the net.
ONLY people that dont mind being online will click a banner ad or poll.

THAT in itself throws out a huge population..that population is whom i want to sell to.

even polls done on the street... only a certain type will even stand to BE polled.

For example..walk into an all asian community shopping area, and try polling anyone if you are not asian. So if you have a product aimed at asians, where will you get your numbers unless you ARE asian?

I am on the internet talking to people that dont mind the net. as a result, there is not a person on this board that I would market to.

SO i suppose I was kind of stupid for looking on the net to capture the views of Non internet users! LOL

I will tell you this.. video stores and movie houses die because they dont change. people who do.. make it.
there is a movie house called gold class cinema, they charge 40 dollars a person... with only 60 people in each theater... lounge chairs with reclining chairs with foot rests, gourmet food, served to you. THEY pack the place, and you have to order tickets a month early!!

in the mean time..chicago has 3 or 4 normal movie theaters in its boundaries, all the others are in the near burbs

and bootleggers are there.

See what I mean? beverly records...ALL they sell in karaoke music and a LOT of wax records (all old.. including comedy) and have been around for over 25 years! still going strong... NO new music.
Yet the big record shops...lose money to limewire!?

SELL what the big guy wont...

Its supply and demand.. THOUSANDS go to theaters...even MILLIONS in a year around the country...

Try to find a bootleg of just ONE Broadway play on the net.

You cant. the types of people that work at those places and attend and the price make it so that will never happen.

But poor quality movies!? Limewire here it comes!!!!!!

You know i think I have my answer... thanks guys for all your views.. on both sides of the argument... take care...