Print this page | Go back to previous topic
Forum nameBiz Ideas
Topic subjectRE: Classic Movies video store?
Topic URLhttps://www.businessownersideacafe.com/forums/dcboard.php?az=show_topic&forum=103&topic_id=3121&mesg_id=3201
3201, RE: Classic Movies video store?
Posted by themtb2007, Tue Nov-11-08 04:15 PM
If you say you would download one, you must know where to do so. I dont.
And I work for at&t, and an internet freak as well.

You also have highspeed. Unlike every aol user.
You also are willing to pay for things online.. Another minority group of the internet.
Or you are a person who can bootleg a movie.. Another minority.

I want you to download a movie for me.. its called "mother juggs and speed" and then i want you to get "mohogany" and while we are talking diana ross, how about "lady sings the blues" and then I want you to get "bugsy Malone" and the series of The Nat King cole show, or the Jackson variety show. How about the best of Soul train? Or Soundstage?
How about Christy? And I dont mean steven king.

Hey, how about a box set? Lets get "soap". or 8 is enough, or the school house rock series.

Hey...What about the popular pro women show given to kids in schools.."free to be you and me" with a young michael jackson singing how he likes the way he looks and he doesnt have to change to be liked!

I have seen ALL of these movies in various places, from gas stations, to a bin in the walmart..WHERE PEOPLE ARE IN DROVES picking through the movies of the past 2 decades looking for the gem.

And they find them, and others get the bug when they see it and keep digging past all the brat pack kids movies, and brad pit, eddie murphy, nick nolti movies.

you see, the internet.. As BIG as you might think it to be... is still an unwanted guest in MANY MANY homes for varied reasons, including my own. i myself am about to drop it for a smart phone with limited internet access.
And even of the internet families, only ONE of the two in the home are usually users, and even THEY have limited exposure to whats out there.

TRUTHFULLY SPEAKING.. there is NO NEED AT ALL to rent or Buy ANYTHING with all the free stuff and ripping ability.

Bootleggers and the like have hurt the business, yet they still make movies for the big screen. WHY? because bootlegging sells to internet users and inner city types that likely are not marketed to in the first place. they hurt, but the money is still and will always be there for a long while. Until the quality of movies declines to pixar images and computer generated #### with LOW quality plot lines... Wait, I shouldnt be so HARD on The last indiana Jones movie...

there will be room for My idea.

I will tell you right now, I have ripping skills and have ripped. my wife can get ALL the movies she wants from me.. And you know what she is watching right now? An old dvd of Get smart we fell upon at the library. A Place Barely anyone goes to unless their kids Have a homework assignment.
Just being real.

So its a matter of access, and a HUGE selection. There are distributors, but they are scattered and mixed into the garbage

its like music,

How would you like to look for your genre of music, say..Country, but Hip hop and rap was SO POPULAR that the stores began selling your country Mixed within MOUNTAINS of rap. And when you DID find it, it was few.

Sooner than later, you'd not go.

THAT is why people dont go to the video store anymore.

Most of the new releases are so Poor(especially what they pass off as "horror"), that I dont even remember some of them being in the theater!!!

I really see this idea.

I am making the plan. I talk to people all the time. people that I know are the type that would go. And the type that are internet freaks like myself, Say "why do that through some old movies?" and in the format of the response, it tells me the person is either not very old, or they think today's movies have some redeeming quality, and think will ferrel is funny.

So i suppose my test to see if you would shop at my store would be...

1 Do you think will ferrel is funny

2 Have you ever watched a movie with jean claude Van dam in it and thought is was great.

3 Do you think Bono can sing

(if they say, "no but CHER could.. THEY ARE MY CUSTOMERS!!!LOL)