Print this page | Go back to previous topic
Forum nameBiz Ideas
Topic subjectConsignment Idea
Topic URLhttps://www.businessownersideacafe.com/forums/dcboard.php?az=show_topic&forum=103&topic_id=3098&mesg_id=3098
3098, Consignment Idea
Posted by SoluGear, Mon Oct-27-08 09:52 AM
I am thinking of starting an Outdoor Gear(ie. Camping, Ski, Snowshoe, etc.)/Sporting Goods (ie Hockey, Lacrosse, Football, etc.) consignment out here in the 'burbs of Denver, CO. I got the idea trying to find a good used bike for less than $1000 after I decided I was going to do my first triathlon. It was hard to find and none of the "Play it again Sports" out here had anything for the true outdoorsmen/adventurer. They mostly have baseballs, hockey gear for kids, some skis/snowboards, and a few beat up golf clubs. What about tents, sleeping bags, decent bikes, kayaks, or any of the other stuff people in COlorado love to do? I know people have this stuff laying around their basement and maybe they don't use it anymore or they want to upgrade. But why not earn some cash in the process? Thats where I would step in. I've been told by a number of people that the only way this could succeed is by offering a good supply of new gear and outdoor clothing in addition to the used/consigned items.
Anyone have any experience or thoughts on this concept?
Eric