Print this page | Go back to previous topic
Forum nameBiz Ideas
Topic subjectRE: Recession Proof Small biz ideas
Topic URLhttps://www.businessownersideacafe.com/forums/dcboard.php?az=show_topic&forum=103&topic_id=3082&mesg_id=3549
3549, RE: Recession Proof Small biz ideas
Posted by Teri30377, Wed Mar-25-09 04:48 AM
Dang it! You would think it was a Monday or something. My second post did not post everything that I wanted to say so here is the message again in full. I guess that I want to be heard on this subject.

Hi Gigi,

Recently I came across several insurance companies selling Medicare Advantage and Medigap Insurance. They look for individuals to sell these plans to seniors over the age of 65 who have qualified for Medicare. They don't always look for people who have insurance backgrounds or licenses per'se, and the jobs are usually on a commission basis. You would in a sense be running your own business under the umbrella of company product and a company that supports and educates you. If you go to Career Builder or Monster you can see some of the insurance companies advertising, check under insurance/health care/senior services.

With your background in medical billing I'm sure that you know first hand the nightmare that seniors must face when making the right decisions to get the best and with most coverage. And let me ask, who is submitting the majority of those medical claims if not seniors.

Here are some statistic for you to think about when researching RECESSION PROOF businesses.

--2020. 1 in 6 Americans will be over the age of 60.
--2050. On a GLOBAL scale, there will be 2 billion people over the age of 60.
--Whose a boomer? Everybody seems to have a different idea on this so I'll take this statistic from my Certified Senior Advisor manual. "Boomers 1946-1964. By 2011, the oldest boomer will reach age 65 and, after that point, 10,000 boomers will turn 65 every day".

Here is my idea for a RECESSION PROOF BUSINESS. You have low overhead, and you have a company and training supporting you, and you run like your own business. Not to mention there are lots of potential clients out there who HAVE to have supplemental insurances. Good luck to ya.