Print this page | Go back to previous topic
Forum nameBiz Ideas
Topic subjectRE: Recession Proof Small biz ideas
Topic URLhttps://www.businessownersideacafe.com/forums/dcboard.php?az=show_topic&forum=103&topic_id=3082&mesg_id=3548
3548, RE: Recession Proof Small biz ideas
Posted by Teri30377, Wed Mar-25-09 04:37 AM
Hi Gigi, I don't know where my first post went so here it is again.

Recently I came across several insurance companies selling Medicare Advantage and Medigap Insurance. They look for individuals to sell these plans to seniors over the age of 65 who have qualified for Medicare. They don't always look for people who have insurance backgrounds or licenses per'se, and the jobs are usually on a commission basis. You would in a sense be running your own business under the umbrella of company product and a company that supports and educates you. If you go to Career Builder or Monster you can see some of the insurance companies advertising, check under insurance/health care/senior services.

With your background in medical billing I'm sure that you know first hand the nightmare that seniors must face when making the right decisions to get the best and with most coverage. And let me ask, who is submitting the majority of those medical claims if not seniors.

Here are some statistic for you to think about when researching RECESSION PROOF businesses.