Print this page | Go back to previous topic
Forum nameBiz Ideas
Topic subjectI want to start an online publishing business
Topic URLhttps://www.businessownersideacafe.com/forums/dcboard.php?az=show_topic&forum=103&topic_id=3073&mesg_id=3073
3073, I want to start an online publishing business
Posted by DigitalDiva, Wed Nov-05-08 04:49 AM
My strengths are in writing and computer technology and I have a passion for online publishing since I can be quite creative to help businesses that do not know how to market their business online to obtain leads.

I would like to create product reviews, demos and how-to tips to promote business products and also host business pages in an online business directory. I can also send out email coupon promotions via a newsletter for businesses.

Since I have the idea, I have one problem where I am seriously stuck.

#1. I want the site to attract customers by providing useful information customers can really use but I can't seem to come up with the appropriate name for this type of business to promote it to potential customers.
The only thing I can think of is to call it a buyers guide since customers would be interested in coupons or knowing how-to information.. Since I live in Charlotte - I thought of calling it Charlottebuyersguide.com but I'm not sure if this would be appropriate for what I'm trying to do.

I'm just looking for any tips or suggestions on how to position such a business or should I do something totally different to attract customers to the information I will offer. I want to focus on attracting customers first so that it would be a HUGE selling point for businesses to want to do business with me.

Let me know your thoughts.