Print this page | Go back to previous topic
Forum nameBiz Ideas
Topic subjectWANTED BUSINESS PARTNER
Topic URLhttps://www.businessownersideacafe.com/forums/dcboard.php?az=show_topic&forum=103&topic_id=2960
2960, WANTED BUSINESS PARTNER
Posted by xeine, Wed Sep-03-08 09:24 AM
Hi All,

This is my 1st post on the site.

I have my own Logistics company based in Tyne & Wear, Direct2Home works on behalf of many UK to E-commerce online retailers. We deliver nationwide offering many services to the retailer and end buyer.

Just over 1 year ago i decided to have ago at online selling in the Bathroom market, I'm in the process of having a site built with a very experienced IT guy. I opened approx 5 accounts with some very large bathroom wholesalers. My project has come to a stand still over last few months with me been too busy with the logistics company.

I'm looking for a enthusiastic partner with good input to help us build and compete with other online sellers.

I have the benefit on many other online sellers as through the logistics company we can also have full control on distribution and customer service, We all ready handle bathroom products for two retailers and they sell very well.

In time i wish to also open a online furniture store, I have at present over 20,000 sq ft warehouse in Tyne & Wear. Two retailers that we distribute for have asked me to open a small show room open to the general public. This would then give us the opportunity to bring on board furniture and beds etc as many manufacturer's wont supply unless a show room comes with the business.

I look forward to your replies or even help on what direction i need to take from here.

Regards

Ian
2970, RE: WANTED BUSINESS PARTNER
Posted by Maureen, Fri Sep-05-08 06:50 AM
Hi Ian,
My best advice is HIRE someone to help on commision bases (makes them fell more like a part owner) Having a partner is very very hard. We as independents have a hard time asking (yes asking when you have a partner you are trying to please makes you 2nd in command)our partners for anything. I have several companies in the past and one currently. The past experience with no partners (but with hired commision based employees) worked out the best. We need to think on our feet and sometimes make strong choices fast, it now becomes thinking for 2 or 3 and facing your choices twice.
I went against my better judgement and got a partner..I just fired my partner (first and last) now back on my own. The best way to do it!

Good luck with it all!
Maureen Wartian
www.thehatclip.com
3624, RE: WANTED BUSINESS PARTNER
Posted by ctrail, Thu Apr-30-09 03:26 PM
Ian,
I am not sure if it helps you but we can provide you the space and show room. We are near Greensboro, NC USA. We have 360,000 sq ft with show room capability. We can provide order fulfillment, drop shipping, assembly, or any other business need you may have.

We are in the process of upgrading our website but you can still visit it at www.servicelogisticsinc.com to see pictures. My self or Ronnie Bullins would be the contact to talk about how we can help.

Chad Trail