Print this page | Go back to previous topic
Forum nameBiz Ideas
Topic subjectWhich way do I steer the course?
Topic URLhttps://www.businessownersideacafe.com/forums/dcboard.php?az=show_topic&forum=103&topic_id=2862&mesg_id=2862
2862, Which way do I steer the course?
Posted by findingdetails, Mon Aug-11-08 10:10 AM
Okay, over time I have some different ideas and with the economy not being in a wonderful place, and my unwillingness to jump ship at my current job and my fear of failure I have always managed to talk myself right out of my ideas.

I don't want to do that anymore!I realize that there is more out there, but if I am unwilling to try it and constantly put it on a backburner while I go through the motions, my life will have passed me by and I will have a pile of regrets,and could've's, should've's.

I am revisiting some of my ideas and I would like some feedback, so here goes:
1) Virtual Assistant/Secretarial type business: focusing on Human resource tasks, health care related business, or on general secretarial work
2) Event planner/party planner
3) Cleaning business/Organizing (not sure how passionate I am about cleaning part) - I know I can manage well and be organized and detail oriented in this business.

These are the ones that seem to top the list for me. Keep in mind I live in a rural area so that is one of my obstacles that I find hard to overcome, I want to be sure I have enough business to make a go of it. I have a limited availablility of capital to spend that is why I am steering towards a service business.

So pick away at my ideas and give me so feedback. I have mgmt, clerical, healthcare, optical, hospitality, organization, food service, and retail experience to name a few.