Print this page | Go back to previous topic
Forum nameBiz Ideas
Topic subjectRE: topless coffee drive thru
Topic URLhttps://www.businessownersideacafe.com/forums/dcboard.php?az=show_topic&forum=103&topic_id=2832&mesg_id=2857
2857, RE: topless coffee drive thru
Posted by Pepperfire, Mon Aug-11-08 04:15 AM
If you're asking if my post was a joke.

No, it wasn't. It was a little light-hearted and tongue in cheek, but no, I was quite serious.

There's a point in life that we women have to sit back and realize (whether we like being sex objects or not), that sex sells -- For that matter, it sells big!

Hooters isn't the franchise it is because of their chicken wings. It's because their waitresses all have great boobs threatening to pop out of their sweaters. And Hooters is a mild family-oriented sex shop if you can imagine such a thing.

Christie Hefner (pardon the spelling if it is incorrect) has taken the Playboy Enterprises franchise and turned it into a colossus over the past few years, so much so, that The Girls Next Door is a popular reality tv show and new Playboy Clubs are opening up all over the place.

There are strip clubs, drive-in car washes where the girls climb on top of your car NEKKID! and scrub your car with their body parts... eeew, and Names like Ron Jeremy and Jenna Jameson are becoming practically household names.

The rock videos on MTV and other like networks sell sex disguised as rock and roll, so much so, that a complete counter-culture guised as Christian-based has risen up so that families can expose their children to television without blackening their souls.

I'm kinda in the middle somewhere. I don't believe in public censorship, as I'm a libertarian and I think that people, and indeed children should be taught to govern themselves and make the choices that are good for them and their souls without infringing on the rights and freedoms of others... Plenty of that going on without us adding to it.

That said.

Yes, I think if this drive-thru was placed in the right neighbourhood and everything in the owner's power was done in keeping with the local decency laws, I really do think... no wait... I KNOW that such a thing will sell.

How well will it sell? Well, like any business, in demand, it will depend on two things... the size of the niche market and the location of the business.

I wouldn't frequent such a place. I have a hard time seeing my co-members of the local business association giving the business owner of such an establishment a fair crack and the support he deserved from the association because, well, prudes are prudes. But I assure you, that if my kids weren't in the car, and the lineup at Tim's were really long, I just might cut a corner and drive through that dark curtain to get my coffee... What do I care, after all, they're just boobs, they come in all shapes and sizes and every woman on the planet has a pair -- Well, except my Mom, who lost one to breast cancer.

Oh hey, there's an idea... topless coffee in Breast Cancer mugs. :)

I'll hush now, my marketing brain is trying to pick, up that ball! lol

T

Tina Brooks, VP Marketing
Brooks Pepperfire Foods, Inc.
Makers of Peppermaster Hot Sauces
http://www.peppermaster.com

Eat more peppers!