Print this page | Go back to previous topic
Forum nameBiz Ideas
Topic subjectRE: Is my business idea any good?
Topic URLhttps://www.businessownersideacafe.com/forums/dcboard.php?az=show_topic&forum=103&topic_id=2828&mesg_id=2866
2866, RE: Is my business idea any good?
Posted by KeliGuitarMomma, Mon Aug-11-08 11:09 PM
"I can do all things through Christ who strengthens me." Philippians 4:13 I have done some homework and interviewed about fifty people. From what I can gather... about 3 out of 10 people do not have the internet in this town or in the surrounding communities. All together, there is probably 15,000 to 20,000 people in Mountain View and all the surrounding communities. We would be charging for the internet, based on the prices of a few that we have looked into. The most fair, and affordable price that we could charge per hour, and still make a little profit, is $5 an hour. There is a college here in Mountain View, and I have heard the students complaining that there is not enough available time in the computer lab to get all their research,and papers done. (I am a business student there myself and I can tell you, for people that work 9 to 5, there is no time for them to go to the school computer lab) So, this would be beneficial for the students here and at another college (Lyon College) about forty miles away. I have a feeling that people will be coming from miles around to see us. One reason is that people can meet other people, its going to be a very social atmosphere, and another reason is that we are going to treat our customers like family, and another thing we have to offer is going to be a friendly, helpful, fun, social, entertaining atmosphere in which customers can be comfortable. Thank you both for your advice, and I will consider detailing the development of everything that will be surrounding the internet (the cafe and restaurant and amateur night) because the truth of the matter is, if it doesn't ALL run smoothly and ALL of it doesn't contribute to the community, it won't work. Oh, thats another reason, I want to do this. Community development. Social interaction.. okay I've typed a book... Thanks again!!

Keli