Print this page | Go back to previous topic
Forum nameBiz Ideas
Topic subjectIs my business idea any good?
Topic URLhttps://www.businessownersideacafe.com/forums/dcboard.php?az=show_topic&forum=103&topic_id=2828&mesg_id=2828
2828, Is my business idea any good?
Posted by KeliGuitarMomma, Thu Aug-07-08 01:51 AM

"I can do all things through Christ who strengthens me." Philippians 4:13

:D Hi! My name is Keli and I'm quite new to this site. My husband and I have a business idea that we think is very lucrative, but I need the opinion of some professionals to see if it would actually work. We live in a very rural community, the closest town (where we want to open the "Biz" is 13 miles away) Everyone has to go to this town for groceries, wal-mart, (etc.) The only place within about 50 miles of the town that has internet for people who don't have their own computer is the library, and they only have six computers with internet access.. Our idea, is to open a Christian internet cafe, with about 20 computers, and sell food and drinks too. We would also like to have on Friday and Saturdays amateur night for Christian poets, artists, and musicians. We've got the business hours and prices just about all figured out. We think this would be good for the community because there is nothing like that around. It would employ probably up to fifteen people so it would be creating a few jobs... And would help local musicians, poets and artists get exposure. The reason we want to open a Christian cafe, is because of our own personal beliefs and that the community is over all very religious. We don't know where the money is going to come from... no idea. I've looked up government small business grants, but the fact of the matter is, if you are not an "organization" they don't offer them. If they do I sure haven't seen anything about it. Anyway, my question is this: Do y'all think this is a lucrative business opportunity? Or is it just a dream that will probably never happen? I'd appreciate some input. Thanks y'all!