Print this page | Go back to previous topic
Forum nameBiz Ideas
Topic subjectdesktop publishing business
Topic URLhttps://www.businessownersideacafe.com/forums/dcboard.php?az=show_topic&forum=103&topic_id=272&mesg_id=272
272, desktop publishing business
Posted by dalelynn21, Thu Oct-19-06 01:59 PM
I am wanting to start a desktop publishing business and I'm trying to decide if I want to work from home or have a space downtown. I have no problem working from home, but I'm concerned about meeting clients. Does anyone work from home and how do you manage client meetings? I'm also concerned about getting my landlord's permission to work out of our apartment. I feel I should ask him if it's OK to run a business out of the apartment.

If I run the business from uptown, I would like to add on some other things to help defray the cost of the space I would need to rent. I'm thinking about offering conference room and/or renting desk space for people like me who just need a desk and a place to meet. Also I was thinking of offering copies, a fax service, and a scanning service.

One thing I would like to do is offer a place for people to come to use a high speed internet. Ohio isn't that computer literate at the moment, especially my little town. I was thinking of offering a family membership paid monthly and the members could use the computers when they wanted to during the month or sell a certain number of hours for the customers to use the computer. I also want to have genealogy programs like Ancestry.com and other fee to use sites for the use of the customers. Help would also be available for those who are trying to write a resume or doing reports, or whatever help they need with the project they are doing. Do you think I would be biting off more than I can chew with this idea?