Print this page | Go back to previous topic
Forum nameBiz Ideas
Topic subjectRE: Personal Safety Products - suggestion and inquiry
Topic URLhttps://www.businessownersideacafe.com/forums/dcboard.php?az=show_topic&forum=103&topic_id=2690&mesg_id=2705
2705, RE: Personal Safety Products - suggestion and inquiry
Posted by jab, Fri Jul-04-08 06:42 AM
Wow, the market and obvious need is sure there for this.

Is there a guarantee with the products you offer? I think that's important for consumers, especially if you are offering them to a company to use for their employees.

I'd like to suggest just one niche in the market of potential customers that would be ongoing:

My daughter is a barista for a large coffee chain. They have pepper spray there for employees should a customer (or non-customer) get agressive or improper/dangerous. Many times these small coffee shops are in out-of-the-way places, creating a perfect scenario for a bad guy or anyone wanting to commit a crime. Also, many are small, employing just one barista per shift. This creates a vulnerable scenario for the baristas. I think all the coffee shops have this for protection...especially the drive-through establishments. If they don't, they should!!

I know as a mother I was relieved to know that they had a pepper spray under the counter for my daughter. They periodically have "stalkers" and wierdos that hang out nearby watching their shop, etc. Very odd behavior and very scarey. They've had to call the police occassionally, but the police say they can't do anything until something bad happens!!

Regarding college students...yes, this same daughter is heading out to a large university this fall, and yes, I want her to have a reliable pepper spray. I think the target for marketing here is the PARENTS of college students. In fact, I'd like info about your product...why is it a good choice for my daughter? It would be a great send-off gift. Thanks.

Good Luck!