Print this page | Go back to previous topic
Forum nameBiz Ideas
Topic subjectInfopreneur biz ideas feedback needed
Topic URLhttps://www.businessownersideacafe.com/forums/dcboard.php?az=show_topic&forum=103&topic_id=2612
2612, Infopreneur biz ideas feedback needed
Posted by rosesnivy, Tue Jun-17-08 10:04 AM
I recently found this forum and am hoping I can get some feedback from those who probably know more than me! :) I have an idea for an online business that would put me into the ?infopreneur? category.

I have a Master?s degree in counseling and did practice in the field for awhile, but am now home with my children full-time. I would like to use the education and skills I?ve gained to put together a website for women that focuses on self-help and advice from a counselor?s prospective (I will NOT do counseling online). It could cover several areas including relationships, parenting, and women?s issues.

Here are the ideas I?ve come up with for content:
*Q/A - anonymous questions for a counselor that I would then answer and post in a searchable area of the site
*E-newsletter
*Indepth book reviews on relevant topics
*Articles
*???

I?d like to know your take on the viability of a site like this and your thoughts on money making ideas for the site.

I need your feedback!!

Thanks!
2614, RE: Infopreneur biz ideas feedback needed
Posted by Pepperfire, Wed Jun-18-08 05:22 AM
I think it's a great idea. The only caveat I have is that it will take time to build and garner sufficient traffic to make it worthwhile. Lots of legwork is in your future.

My big question... how do you propose to make money from the site?

T

Tina Brooks, VP Marketing
Brooks Pepperfire Foods, Inc.
Makers of Peppermaster Hot Sauces
http://www.peppermaster.com

Eat more peppers!
2647, RE: Infopreneur biz ideas feedback needed
Posted by rosesnivy, Tue Jun-24-08 10:06 AM
The money making part is the part I've questioned the most. The main ideas I have right now are things like Google Adwords and perhaps some affiliates. I want to keep the ads as minimal as possible because I hate going to sites only to see a ton of ads and even have difficulty finding the meat of the site.
2650, RE: Infopreneur biz ideas feedback needed
Posted by annalaurabrown, Wed Jun-25-08 02:09 AM
Why spend a lot of money? You can write articles for directories, blog, get involved with social networking etc and generate leads and sales for free. I do it all the time. Also what about a podcast, video marketing and squidoo.
2689, RE: Infopreneur biz ideas feedback needed
Posted by rosesnivy, Tue Jul-01-08 10:29 AM
Yes, I see what you mean. I'm sure there are free advertising options I haven't thought of yet!

What is Squidoo? What does video marketing involve?
2692, RE: Infopreneur biz ideas feedback needed
Posted by annalaurabrown, Wed Jul-02-08 02:20 AM
for info on squidoo and video marketing see
http://www.squidoo.com/videomarketingiseasy
This is a lens I created on how to market with video. Squidoo involves making lenses based on topics about which you are passionate and have knowledge.
I hope this helps.
2697, RE: Infopreneur biz ideas feedback needed
Posted by ElleBlue, Wed Jul-02-08 04:15 PM
All your ideas so far are very good and I'd like to ad a couple more...

*Q/A - anonymous questions for a counselor that I would then answer and post in a searchable area of the site
*E-newsletter
*Indepth book reviews on relevant topics
*Articles

*You can sell e-books and podcasts.
*Have a forum that people pay (a small fee to join) this could be less involved than your Q/A, then you charge slightly less money and you're appealing to two different markets (spenders and thriftier people).
*Put some google Ad words and links to Amazon on your blogsite or forum.

Hope this helps!

2709, RE: Infopreneur biz ideas feedback needed
Posted by cherie24, Sat Jul-05-08 04:10 AM
it seems like a great idea, the best way to start "a small blog" and do some affilliate relating to what you are writting about. as far as advertising do it for free and it calls "viral advertising" if you worry about money now, this type of business is not the way to go, but if you do it with patience and give people great advice and make the website and your topics interesting something that people can relate to then that is the way to go. money should not be your worry if you are doing something that you love. one day it might take you somewhere you never thought of. don't give up