Print this page | Go back to previous topic
Forum nameBiz Ideas
Topic subjectRE: Scared!!
Topic URLhttps://www.businessownersideacafe.com/forums/dcboard.php?az=show_topic&forum=103&topic_id=2569&mesg_id=2616
2616, RE: Scared!!
Posted by bizdev, Wed Jun-18-08 08:49 AM
I answered your question on another thread...let me copy here:

Well, at least you're realistic enough to be scared. You have good reason to be scared. A brand new business, especially a retail shop, can be very costly and very difficult to keep afloat. You would likely not make a profit for the first couple of years (or longer). Just meeting monthly expenses can be difficult for a new start up.

Have you started to write up a business plan yet? That should be your first project to find out if the idea is viable.

Do you have a good $50,000 - $100,000 for start up costs? Surprisingly, even a small clothing shop will run you that much just to open. It will then take a while to develop a strong enough customer base to cover your monthly expenses. You will need to have set aside enough cash to get you through the first year or so.

I offer so much great information in my start up kit (below) that could really help you decide which way to go. Take a peek.