Print this page | Go back to previous topic
Forum nameBiz Ideas
Topic subjectRE: Scared!!
Topic URLhttps://www.businessownersideacafe.com/forums/dcboard.php?az=show_topic&forum=103&topic_id=2569&mesg_id=2597
2597, RE: Scared!!
Posted by pabry, Thu Jun-12-08 06:14 AM
Yes, I have quit my job of 14 years less than a month ago. I was a correctional officer for 14 years but I did not quit to start my buisness. I quit because I am also working on my Bachelor's in Criminal Justice Admin. I have 7 more classes to go. I was exhausted trying to juggle my job, school and family all at the same time. Although, my buisness idea does feel good right now but I am also waiting on a job offer phone call that I applied for back in February. I have already done the interview and was the only one selected but they are doing an FBI background check and credit check right now. I know I am trying to do too much at one time but if I don't do this buisness thing, I am always going to wonder. I figure if I start it, I will have someone else run it and if it works good, if not then at least I tried. If I get the job and my buisness is already started, I will not be able to focus on it. Yes, I am stuck between a rock and a hard place. Financially, I am ok. I have enough to get it started, enough to survive for a little while but I will be broke in my savings if it does not work out. If I don't get the job, I can focus on the buisness and my education because I am going on to my Master's Degree in Psychology. Since I attend class online, I can go to school at my place of buisness. If I get the job, I will be back to square one with no time to get my buisness started.

As for a buisness plan, I kind of written it down as notes but not an actual professional plan. I broke it down to what I need in order to get it started and how much. I found some buisness locations and distributors to buy from. I just don't know which one to trust. I want to reject the job offer if it is offered to me and go with my buisness but there again, I am scared because I have always had a steady income. It was really hard to quit my job. I know with my degree I can always find another job when I am good and ready for one. Sounds crazy but I must reach this goal that has been stewing up inside me for many years now. Sounds like I got issues, right?