Print this page | Go back to previous topic
Forum nameBiz Ideas
Topic subjectRE: Scared!!
Topic URLhttps://www.businessownersideacafe.com/forums/dcboard.php?az=show_topic&forum=103&topic_id=2569&mesg_id=2593
2593, RE: Scared!!
Posted by acbrown, Thu Jun-12-08 05:06 AM
I'm in the same boat as you. I have an idea that I think will work, but it is scary. I think you have to figure out how you can do it in a cost-effective way, so that if it doesn't work out, it doesn't hurt you too much financially. Surround yourself with people that have knowledge & time to help you out if you get into a crunch.

Are you quitting a job to do this? Do you have savings you can start with or do you have to go into debt? Do you have marketing ideas lined up so you can get the word out immediately? Have you written a business plan? Even though the ideas are in your head, getting them down on paper will help you come up with contingency plans.

Once you have a good solid plan, diving in is scary, but don't let the fear stop you from doing it if you feel really confident that you have a market for the store. It could be the best thing you ever did, but you'll never know unless you try. You just have to try SMART.

Alyssa