Print this page | Go back to previous topic
Forum nameBiz Ideas
Topic subjectIs this something you would want your child to learn
Topic URLhttps://www.businessownersideacafe.com/forums/dcboard.php?az=show_topic&forum=103&topic_id=2499
2499, Is this something you would want your child to learn
Posted by lynthen, Fri May-16-08 07:17 AM
Hello, I would like to teach young girls how to braid and add extensions to hair. Do you think this is something children would like to learn? Do you think this is something that parents would pay for? I taught my daughter and now she makes extra money doing her friends hair. Please take time to leave feedback. Much appreciated
2504, RE: Is this something you would want your child to learn
Posted by onerockinnurse, Sun May-18-08 04:51 AM
:-) Hi Lynn,

You know I think that this is a splendid idea. I wish someone would have taught me how to braid hair when I was a kid..... Especially the trickier styles like a french braid which still at 37 I can't do :).

I think that you have a really good niche in the market for this and younger girls are wearing their hair styles longer again so Bravo on the very unique but lucrative idea!

The summer months are here and a great time to kick something like that off....

Keep us posted on the outcome! jana ;)
2542, RE: Is this something you would want your child to learn
Posted by lynthen, Tue May-27-08 12:38 PM
Hello there Jana... thanks for your input, much appreciated!:-)

2546, RE: Is this something you would want your child to learn
Posted by Palkia, Wed May-28-08 04:19 AM
My daughter is 11 and she, along w/ all her friends, enjoy trying new hairstyles. You could expand the braids and extensions to updo's and other fun ways of wearing pony tails, pig tails, etc. You could also expand to how to wear light make-up (w/o looking trashy), how to do a proper manicure/pedicure, basic skin care. This is a great niche market for you. Wasn't clear if you're planning to create a brick and mortar store or some type of online teaching site.

Good luck!
2555, RE: Is this something you would want your child to learn
Posted by lynthen, Mon Jun-02-08 07:05 AM
Thank you for your suggestions.. I think I will add the updo's etc.
I'm looking forward to getting started. :-)
2556, RE: Is this something you would want your child to learn
Posted by salted, Mon Jun-02-08 09:25 AM
I agree with the others that it's a great idea. Lots of little girls would just love to learn how to do hair. I'm sure lots of moms out there would be more than happy to pay for their daughter to take the class, as long as it wasn't too expensive. I can see where a group of friends would wanna take the class together, too. Or it could be great as a workshop type of event, where they could do it as a birthday party and all learn how to do hair for an hr or so.
2557, RE: Is this something you would want your child to learn
Posted by Palkia, Tue Jun-03-08 04:21 AM
And birthday parties!

Perfect for Tweenies. I'm always looking for birthday venues for my daughter. Word would get around. I think you have a goldmine here...

2583, RE: Is this something you would want your child to learn
Posted by lynthen, Tue Jun-10-08 06:44 AM
Thank you all for your suggestions. I can't wait to get started.. I love the party idea !

Lynn