Print this page | Go back to previous topic
Forum nameBiz Ideas
Topic subjectRE: $5000 Business Ideas??
Topic URLhttps://www.businessownersideacafe.com/forums/dcboard.php?az=show_topic&forum=103&topic_id=249&mesg_id=250
250, RE: $5000 Business Ideas??
Posted by Phanntom, Sun Oct-15-06 09:53 AM
Going online and anouncing you have $5k to get rid of will get you hundreds or thousands of people willing to help you part with it.

While there are plenty of businesses you can start with that money, I have reservations of whether you should. I say this because most people that want to get into their own business have a passion for something they feel they'd like to make into a business, or at least express a nagging desire to have their own business and are looking for help on focusing in on what they might like to do. I don't hear that passion in you post.

I'd suggest you buy a 12-month CD or TBill and use that 12 months to really decide if you really want to have your own business. It's a lot of work, fear, and struggle that in it's early days will wear you down, and if you have a family, it'll take a toll on that as well.

I'm not trying to discourage you...I just want you to make sure it's something you really want to invest in, and give you the time to make that determination.
Hope this helps.
Denny