Print this page | Go back to previous topic
Forum nameBiz Ideas
Topic subject$5000 Business Ideas??
Topic URLhttps://www.businessownersideacafe.com/forums/dcboard.php?az=show_topic&forum=103&topic_id=249
249, $5000 Business Ideas??
Posted by sabsils, Mon Nov-13-06 07:26 AM
Hi all,

I have an extra 5 grand that I am trying to utilize to the best of my abilities. Does anyone have ideas for a business I could engage in. Some low-cost start-up initiatives?????
250, RE: $5000 Business Ideas??
Posted by Phanntom, Sun Oct-15-06 09:53 AM
Going online and anouncing you have $5k to get rid of will get you hundreds or thousands of people willing to help you part with it.

While there are plenty of businesses you can start with that money, I have reservations of whether you should. I say this because most people that want to get into their own business have a passion for something they feel they'd like to make into a business, or at least express a nagging desire to have their own business and are looking for help on focusing in on what they might like to do. I don't hear that passion in you post.

I'd suggest you buy a 12-month CD or TBill and use that 12 months to really decide if you really want to have your own business. It's a lot of work, fear, and struggle that in it's early days will wear you down, and if you have a family, it'll take a toll on that as well.

I'm not trying to discourage you...I just want you to make sure it's something you really want to invest in, and give you the time to make that determination.
Hope this helps.
Denny
251, RE: $5000 Business Ideas??
Posted by sabsils, Sun Oct-15-06 03:16 PM
No offense taken...thanks for the honesty. You have very sound reasoning and I agree that my previous post does not exude much passion (probably because I am still in the 'oblivion' stage of my quest). If I had an idea to be passionate about that would be a start and that is why I am here. The passion to make money is always there but that's another question, and the truth is that some of my passion is vested in other business interests. Another interest to be passionate about wouldn't hurt. I just came on to get ideas..."what would you do if you had an extra five grand?" And I thank you for your input. I am still seeking other ideas. I seem to have done well in the past because of an uninhibited assumption of risk that comes with this territory we call busness. The losses cannot be overstated. But to lose such an amount would not be too devastating.
252, RE: $5000 Business Ideas??
Posted by Pepperfire, Mon Oct-16-06 08:12 AM
Denny's post so screams of the truth, I can't tell you.

A big mistake a lot of people make when they first go into business is to simply go into one that someone else thinks is a great business. Based on the fact that the first few years of establishing and building your business is going to drive you to distraction, forcing you to work long hard hours, buying a business someone else thinks is great could end up simply being a thorn in your side.

That said... I have one question...

What do YOU like to do???

Take your $5K and turn THAT into a business. You'll get some great support and feedback heare at BOIC to help you figure that out... and you'll probably end up with a business you like enough to keep doing long enough to make it a success.

I couldn't be where I am today if I didn't like what I'm doing... especially after the Three Rivers show! Eeek -- What a nightmare! But I digress.

Build a business around doing what you love and you'll never work a day in your life.

Tina Brooks, VP Marketing
Brooks Pepperfire Foods, Inc.
Makers of Peppermaster Hot Sauces
http://www.peppermaster.com

Eat more peppers!
259, RE: $5000 Business Ideas??
Posted by DBeavers, Mon Oct-16-06 03:32 PM
>Hi all,
>
>I have an extra 5 grand that I am trying to utilize to the
>best of my abilities. Does anyone have ideas for a business I
>could engage in. Some low-cost start-up initiatives?????

There are lots of businesses, including business opportunitites that you can start for $500 or less. So why not but a $4000 CD, bank the rest, and use it to start a new business.

That way, if you lose on the business, you haven't lost the entire $5000.

I started my business over 22 years ago, with less than $100, so I know you could easily start in this biz with $500 or less.

But, finding a business that you have some passion for, will help you get through the difficulties that come during any start-up. It's a whole lot easier to quit something if you have no passion for it.

It sounds like you have some business background, so use your strengths when choosing and starting your business. Your weak points can often be addressed by contraction with someone else to handle those areas.

Good luck in whatever you choose.

Dennis
279, Yes, I have an idea for a business
Posted by magicalmoney, Sat Oct-21-06 11:46 AM
Hi Dennis,

That can be a tough place to be in.

If you want to invest for as little as $ 10 dollars/a month now you will laugh you can start to learn how to market yourself on internet and build a residual income from your living room and sit in your underwear to top it off.(dont laugh its true). I am being dead serious.

There are two internet tycoons that created a system where you can even learn it for free how to market on internet and its a Franchise system that if you use what they say - you duplicate them - you will build a residual income. Its actually very fascinating when you check it out.

You are probably laughing at me to suggest starting at $10 bucks a month, but you can also upgrade to the other programs which gives you more right away - an upgrade is $ 129 dollars the first time. If you want to check it out you can sign-in for free and look over the site.

I think knowing how to utilize internet and market on internet is outrageous because most people are struggling with marketing their businesses and MLM's and spending lots of money. That all falls away here.

So if you want to check it out - sign-in for free - go ahead and check it out. You will be amazed.

If you decide its for you, I will personally be glad to coach you and help you in every way. Like I said signing in - is for free.

If you want to start small it costs 10 bucks/a month.

all the best whatever you decide
Barbara Kurtmann

"Only losers buy Leads"

http://www.payitforward4profits.com/magicalmoney
322, oblivion stage
Posted by MarlinCreek, Thu Oct-26-06 06:09 PM
Since you are in the oblvion stage and just trying to get ideas make sure you learn as much as you can.

I'll make the obligatory statement that you could check out my site Marlin Creek...
http://marlincreek.com/component/option,com_joomap/Itemid,34/
... and get some thoughts from there.

But I think that you might be in a position to go take a class.

Look in the community college publication for what's coming up the next semester and either take a class related to something you are interested in or on small business ownership. Most schools have something relevant to starting / owning / running a business.

The education will pay for itself in the long run.

Marlin Creek - Idea Seeds
http://marlincreek.com
384, RE: $5000 Business Ideas??
Posted by pupil, Thu Nov-09-06 07:08 PM
4E Corporation
Ethos Fuel Reformulator
Doesn't harm engines or fuel systems!
Environmentally friendly!
Drive hundreds of extra miles per tank!
Make up to $5,000 - $25,000 per week and save tons of fuel!

www.driveon.cjb.net
386, RE: $5000 Business Ideas??
Posted by Adlavrinel, Fri Nov-10-06 05:40 AM
Figure our what you are passionate about and then try to turn that into a business. Have a nack for crunching numbers you could be an accountant, financial planner, or financial coach. Like giving people advice be a life coach. See my point?
387, Deleted message
Posted by pupil, Fri Nov-10-06 07:03 AM
No message
414, RE: $5000 Business Ideas??
Posted by brianusava, Thu Nov-23-06 03:57 PM
How about order taking. $5000 would be a great amount to start advertising. You place adds in newspapers and take phone orders from home at your kithen table or home office. It would be like a answering service but you make a commission for every order you get or appointment you set. A good example would be taking calls for a roofing company. You place the add, take the call and set appointments with a pre arranged contractor and get a percentage if the roofer gets the job. Most roofs take one or two days so you would not have to wait that long to get your commission. Some alarm companies also pay you to get them customers. You may only get a few calls a week so find five companies or more and place lots of adds in newspapers and maybe hand out fliers. Some newspaper adds are cheap and if your afraid of losing your $5000, start out small with a few hundred dollars untill your confident that you will get your money back and still make a profit. A lot of people start businesses that they know absolutly nothing about but the idea is if you dont know anything about the business hire someone that can fill in your weak spots. Good Luck Brian Miner http://businessbooksinc.com
418, RE: $5000 Business Ideas??
Posted by jilliansmill, Sat Nov-25-06 03:41 PM
Hi mate go to directmatches.com/jilliansmill
Look for a perfect match there for a business search by interests of yours and meet people all over the world, I WOULD NOT PUT IN YOUR PROFIL THAT YOU ARE TRYING TO GET RID OF 5000 But there are a lot of business people there that are successful.
:+