Print this page | Go back to previous topic
Forum nameBiz Ideas
Topic subjectStarting a professional services business for facilities
Topic URLhttps://www.businessownersideacafe.com/forums/dcboard.php?az=show_topic&forum=103&topic_id=2406
2406, Starting a professional services business for facilities
Posted by mpfm1, Fri Apr-25-08 04:11 AM
I am seeking input on what you think of this concept. I plan to offer professional facility maintenance management for medical and professional buildings. I am seeking ways to generate revenue above and beyond just doing repairs. What could i feasably charge for contractor management and the like. I made a website outlying all the services i plan to offer, I would like your feedback on how to price.. I am considering charging a small monthly on call fee for each facility I will manage, then bill additionally for work that comes up, or for full scale maintenance management of contractors like snow removal, landscapers, janitorial etc.

Sorry if I sound all over the board, wanted to thow in a couple points to start a convo. My website is www.mpfm1.com
thank you
2408, RE: Starting a professional services business for facilities
Posted by salted, Fri Apr-25-08 07:02 AM
I'm sorry I don't have any input as far as pricing goes. I'm not familiar with what larger companies would pay for such a service, but it definitely sounds like a great idea. I did want to comment on your website, though, that it's quite lovely. It's very soothing, simple, and cleanly done.

Good luck with your business!
2414, RE: Starting a professional services business for facilities
Posted by allie, Sun Apr-27-08 07:15 AM
Are there some companies that do this type of work that you can call and try to get an idea of their pricing? Call as a customer inquiry?

My business does upholstery repair. We repair leather, vinyl and other synthetics.. carpet. We also do re-dye.
We cater to the automotive industry. It's tough to find out what competition is charging. Obvioulsy, the dealers aren't going to tell us.

My biggest fear is that we're under-charging.. not over charging.

Good luck!

2418, RE: Starting a professional services business for facilities
Posted by mpfm1, Sun Apr-27-08 04:45 PM
ive tried the back route several times, most of them dont respond to the emails, or if they do, they just make a blanket statement about their services are so vast they would like to arrange a "meeting" at the "facility" to be managed.. so i am really at a loss this week on how to do this. I love the concept, I just dont know about this pricing issue. I have also considered charging a monthly "on call" fee which provides them w/ 24 hour on call service for something like 85 dollars a month not including if there happens to be a work order. If i can pull this off I can generate revenue every month from each facility i sign up. just a thought