Print this page | Go back to previous topic
Forum nameBiz Ideas
Topic subjectRE: Google or Yahoo Marketing...?
Topic URLhttps://www.businessownersideacafe.com/forums/dcboard.php?az=show_topic&forum=103&topic_id=2319&mesg_id=2335
2335, RE: Google or Yahoo Marketing...?
Posted by Phanntom, Mon Apr-07-08 07:12 PM
Hi Benc

In my company we use Google, Yahoo, MSN, and Enhance. Between them all we spend about $6k to $7k/month. Objectively speaking, Enhance doesn't bring us much traffic at all. In terms of traffic they would rank in the following order. Google, Yahoo, MSN. I review our bids everyday and depending on the margins of a given product adjust the bids to fall in the 3rd or 4th spot. I've found this to be the most cost effective slot for our products. In terms of traffic quality, MSN, with Google and Yahoo tying. By quality traffic I'm referring to orders. We used a program that allows us to see who's on the site in real-time, their city, state, and country. In addition, it shows us where they came from, what they queried, how long they were there and what pages they looked at, what browser they use etc. It's really cheap for all that it offers and helps us tailor our advertising...it tells us pretty much everything but what they're having for lunch.
Denny