Print this page | Go back to previous topic
Forum nameBiz Ideas
Topic subjectRE: Revisiting some ideas
Topic URLhttps://www.businessownersideacafe.com/forums/dcboard.php?az=show_topic&forum=103&topic_id=2299&mesg_id=3815
3815, RE: Revisiting some ideas
Posted by findingdetails, Mon Jul-13-09 06:41 AM
well I am still revisting this idea a year later. Nothing like procrastination. My current job is allowing me to stay in this field and do this, but with things going down hill in the economy I am unsure of the future of my drug screen program at work (due mostly to changes in physicians and not having a qualified Medical Review Officer on Staff at my organization any longer), so I am seriously thinking that if my company drops the drug screening services and the Consortium Random management that I may have the perfect opportunity to sweep in and pick up the pieces if they opt to nix the program. I figure in doing so I could also help them while creating an awesome opportunity for myself.

My idea is this..........to take over the Random Consortium program and to do on-site collections (by doing on-site my overhead would be low, but I could later have a physical site for collections as well). Plus I will be taking online courses to get my Bachelors degree in Human Resource management this fall. So all and all everything could tie in together quite nicely if all goes well. So just wanting some feedback. This is what I know and this is what I enjoy doing, so it is a win-win in my eyes, plus it ties into HR which I am studying.

The idea about targeting insurance companies as suggested by Tina was also a great idea that I had not thought of (especially Work Comp). So does anyone have any other input on this or should I just RUN with it?