Print this page | Go back to previous topic
Forum nameBiz Ideas
Topic subjectRevisiting some ideas
Topic URLhttps://www.businessownersideacafe.com/forums/dcboard.php?az=show_topic&forum=103&topic_id=2299&mesg_id=2299
2299, Revisiting some ideas
Posted by findingdetails, Mon Mar-31-08 06:29 AM
Hi!

I have posted in the past and always kinda asked questions and always seemed to allow fear to hold me back. I am so ready for a change and to move forward right now. I have come to the realization that I am the only one that can change the things in my life that I want to change. I am the only one, along with my husband, that can make improvements to better our lives and the lives of our children.

I have gone back and forth over ideas and this is what I keep coming back to. I have long been interested in the field of Human Resources. Although I do not have formal training I think a lot of my personality and job experience will be helpful in pursuit of this venture. I am willing to take necessary training and courses to be better prepared for this along the way. But this is what I was thinking and I would appreciate any feedback, so let er rip!

I am wanting to work in helping with the pre-employment screening and collection of applicants. I feel I am a great people person and can judge people fairly well. I have mgmt, HR, and training experience as well as experience dealing with pre-employment and D.O.T Urine drug screens. I think I would be able to offer services to manage Pre-employment screenings (urine and breath) I could even manage a Consortium of Random selections for businesses (probably more demand in Transportation industry). In fact I am even a trained specimen collector with certification. I think I could contribute to the interview process and any pretesting or prescreens needed. I could assist with ensuring all of the pre-employment paperwork is complete and the employee's files are 100% complete for new employees prior to starting their jobs. I could advise in the recruitment or advertising process and help weed through the application process for prospective employers. I think there is a lot I can do with this and I could expand on it in so many different directions. I can already see a market for the pre-screening in the Transportation industry and I can see a market in the Health Care field as far as verifications of employment, verifications of educations, verification of licensure and certifications and criminal background checks of those employees in positions (especially medical field) that could be of utmost importance. Any feedback please!