Print this page | Go back to previous topic
Forum nameBiz Ideas
Topic subjectwhat do you think of this idea?
Topic URLhttps://www.businessownersideacafe.com/forums/dcboard.php?az=show_topic&forum=103&topic_id=2297&mesg_id=2297
2297, what do you think of this idea?
Posted by keyna_moore, Sun Mar-30-08 06:12 AM
Hello,

I have been thinking about opening up a business that deals with music and arts.
My idea is to have a place where teenagers, young adults and older adults can come and compete, show off their skills and talents, hang out, have fun, network and teach others that are interested in that industry, some basic of the do's and don'ts. I see my place having a stage for hip hop and spoken word battles, i see a recording booth for those unsigned artists that like to get in the studio and let loose, i see talent shows for children to sing, dance and show off their creative writing skills, I basically see my place being an alternative to the nite clubs(for younger and mature adults), and an alternative to the Rec Centers and boy's and girl's clubs for teens and younger adults, not that those are bad places, I just think my area needs something different and specific because there is a high need for a place like that. I have seen many young artists and wanna b's selling their cd's on the streets or thru local small businesses.I see them singing, dancing and rapping on the streets or ball fields and the talents are just going to waste. Why not showcase that in a public setting where they can be recognized for their talents by their peers and you never know when a celeb may come to town, so if I could get one im my place one day and notice the talent them who knows what could be next.

FEEDBACK PLEASE!