Print this page | Go back to previous topic
Forum nameBiz Ideas
Topic subjectTwo completely different business ideas
Topic URLhttps://www.businessownersideacafe.com/forums/dcboard.php?az=show_topic&forum=103&topic_id=2276&mesg_id=2276
2276, Two completely different business ideas
Posted by Smoodge, Sat Mar-22-08 02:34 AM
Hello,
I have been on here before. I am studying at the moment, but about 15 months ago I tried to start an eBay business, which fizzled. You live and learn I guess.
I think I have decided that my business ventures need to be in addition to my university studies, and that I don't rely on them to survive.
I have been searching the Idea Cafe, and the internet for information about two new ideas that I have come up with. I am either not looking in the right place, or the right information is not on the internet. That's why I am asking you on Cyberschmooze.
IDEA NUMBER ONE:
The first idea I think about quite a lot, but I really don't know how to implement it. I want to raise money for charity, but I am interested in a lot of charities. As I mentioned I am student, and I am not in a position to actually donate a lot of money but I feel I can help by fundraising and raising awareness, etc. Even if I give $5 to each charity I identify with (if you will) I will still run out of cash pretty damn quickly! Does anyone have any advice about how to start a non-profit organisation. I am not at all interested in making money from this venture. It would be more like a social club that raises money for certain charities.
IDEA NUMBER TWO
As part of my university studies to become a teacher, I have learnt about portfolios where teachers store examples of student work. I have seen some of these portfolios. Some look OK, but others look less than impressive (stored in scrapbooks, or manila folders). I really don't blame teachers for the way these portfolios looks. They are incredibly busy people and haven't got time to make things pretty.
I have also been taught about creating an electronic portfolio to put with my resume, for when I actually do go and apply for jobs.
My idea is to create electronic student portfolios for schools, that the schools can add to. Alternatively, I can add the appropriate information to the portfolio.
Either way, I would make this portfolio for any kids I teach. It is just an extension of what I would do in my own classroom.
Can anyone help me with either idea?