Print this page | Go back to previous topic
Forum nameBiz Ideas
Topic subjectRE: Thoughts on Custom Designed/DIY Wedding Invitation Business?
Topic URLhttps://www.businessownersideacafe.com/forums/dcboard.php?az=show_topic&forum=103&topic_id=2216&mesg_id=2230
2230, RE: Thoughts on Custom Designed/DIY Wedding Invitation Business?
Posted by ellezdesigns, Fri Mar-14-08 07:29 AM
Hi Craig.

I appreciate your comments. Yes, I think working with others in the wedding industry is a great idea. I have a few contacts already that I'm sure would be open to working with me. Do you (or anyone else) have suggestions about the acceptable commission rate or other arrangement when working with retailers? I do have some experience in working with resellers, but not in this particular industry and I haven't had time to look into it yet.

I also agree with the statement about blogs. When I get this going full force (and have time and content) I do intend to post frequently. I have a couple personal blogs that I've been able to maintain regularly so I don't see that as being too much of a problem, when the time comes. Right now my time is limited but as I said, I'm in the very early stages. Also, I plan to use the blog to keep people updated on any upcoming bridal shows or expos we'll be at. But probably more of important in the readers' eyes, there will be DIY templates, ideas, and other wedding related stuff they can access to for free.

I am located in the midwest but would certainly be open to working with Canadian businesses & brides. In fact, I'm working on a design for one bride in Ontario already. So, I guess the world is my oyster as long as we consider shipping implications. :-)

Thanks so much!

~Laura